El Carbonero, Traditional Song of El Salvador, for Intermeditate String Orchestra (Level 2)
The school orchestra offers students a place to experience making and sharing music with others, of course. But performances by the orchestra also represent the school to all the students, parents and families, and to the wider community. This new adaptation of the folk song “El Carbonero” (often called the “unofficial national anthem" of El Salvador), for Intermediate String Orchestra, targets many important objectives in string pedagogy (listed below). It also offers the orchestra a way to express an appreciation of a rich cultural heritage, while welcoming and celebrating members of the school community from El Salvador and Central America.
Price includes one download of each file including the full score and parts (Violin 1, Violin 2, Viola, Cello, Contrabass). Download either at checkout or using the links provided in the confirmation email. Permission is given for duplication of sufficient additional copies as needed for the number of players in your ensemble.
- 4th finger on the E string (Violin 1)
- Important passages on the G string (Violins)
- Important passages on the C string (Violas)
- 4th finger C on the G string (Cellos), but no C# extensions
- Bow distribution in triple meter with simple syncopation
- Natural harmonics at the octave (double bass)
- Short passage using tremolo (a nod to Central American mallet percussion)
- Brief, optional, passage in 3rd position (Violin 1)
- Featured melodies presented by all instruments
Duration: about 3 minutes